I scooped up the baby and Seth asked me to drive home, not a good sign. (Ahem, my driving record is spotless...Seth just typically drives when we're together)
Seth creeped up the stairs and laid down on the floor, yes, the wood floor. Seth doesn't have the greatest back, apparently a few of his vertebrae are lined up funny, so he throws his back out from time to time, but typically a night on the floor heals it. (Usually that is done on the carpet next to our bed).
I offered the patch of carpet next to our bed, Seth looked at me with puppy eyes, that made it clear he was done doing stairs. I grabbed him a pillow and a blanket.
I rushed off to put baby down for the night, and forbid Seth from moving a muscle. Right, I could hear him trying (unsuccessfully) to move around. Upon my return, I was worried by what I saw.
Pale.
Shaking.
Nauseous.
None of the above typically describe Seth. I asked if I should take him to the doctor (at this point I'm pretty sure there's pressure on his spinal column and he will soon be paralyzed- I've watched a lot of doctor shows, and in my mind I am already ordering the Jazzy wheelchair.)
Seth convinces me to let him take some ibuprofen and "sleep it off," if it still hurts in the morning he will go to the doctor. (Now I really know something is wrong, Seth never takes medicine and he has NEVER volunteered to go to the doctor.)
I grab my blankie and curl up on the couch. Keeping one eye open, watching his toes for movement.
Morning comes and we head to the doctor. Easier said than done, it took several hobbles, a few wobbles and lots of grimacing to get Seth to the car.
Doctor looks him over and just as he suspected he's thrown his back out pretty badly and pulled some muscles in the process. She gives him some meds and off we go.
Guess I'll cancel the Jazzy order.
5 comments:
Holy cow! Poor Seth!!!! I wondered why you guys were out of the game. Now I know. I love the bear, so funny. At least he's feeling better, now.
Here's to a speedy recovery Seth! Sorry about the pain.
Who said church callings don't have risks! Whew! Speedy recovery Seth!
I'm glad he's okay and that you don't need that jazzy. I hear they're pretty cool though. :)
Sad days! I am glad to hear it wasn't as serious as you first imagined...hope you're better Seth!
Post a Comment