September 12, 2009

Gills?

I have suspected it for years, but have yet to confirm...Seth has gills. He is happiest when he is swimming. This morning he and a couple of friends from work swam out to an island in the Chesapeake Bay (partly for fun, partly for training). As a "safety" they each had a kayaker next to them to keep them visible. I was the lucky kayaker for Seth. It was a ton of fun, I think they ended up swimming about 2.5 - 3 miles round-trip. The only hiccup was the grass traffic as we got closer to the island, Seth said it was like swimming through a meadow (okay, technically he didn't say that, but that's what it looked like, and he's not around to give a quote). the "meadow"...bleh.the buddies, seth's in the yellow cap

I love watching Seth swim, he is much more graceful than the doggy-paddle-survival-flailing I do!

4 comments:

leslie said...

grass like that in water wiggling around creeps me out...who knows whats living in there (shutter)

karen said...

awesome! what is seth training for?

geri said...

They are going to do a long swim across the bay in memory of their friend that passed away this spring.

Ashley said...

That is awesome! I have seen him swim and I too think he has gills! However, I am afraid of kayaking...I don't want to tip over and get stuck in those things! Good luck Seth!