February 19, 2010

Shake.Rattle.Roll

2010 Daddy/Daughter Date
After a week of sleepless nights (yes, I was that stressed over a YW activity) we pulled off an awesome daddy/daughter date night.  What had me stressed?
Well, the week went a little like this...
Run to Goodwill, the party store, JoAnns.  Decorations done.  Or are they?  Poodle skirts are sooo easy, or so I'd heard.  Hazel and I MUST have one!  They technically are easy, I just wanted them to be perfect.  They weren't.  Hazel ended up with a poodle-mini-skirt, solution?  Make cute bloomers so it looks like the short skirt was planned.   Spend waay too much time working on said skirts.  Two hours before the party started, the brilliance hits.  Race to Target buy all the pastel m&ms I can find, rummage through the garage and find pastel spray paint (yes, it was on hand).  Spray lids to baby food jars.  And sort those m&ms.  Throw everything in the car and hurry out the door.  W A I T.  What is Seth going to wear?  Ugh.  Hmm.  Argh.  Ah ha!  Run back into the house, dive into the coat bin, grab the red coat at the bottom.  Perfect.
Arrive at the church to decorate.
  
My "decoration" pictures are, well, lame! Sorry!  Just use your imagination to see the awesomeness.
  
I wanted to put the dogs on the round tablecloths, so they'd look like poodle skirts, but then I remembered the chairs would be in the way, so the dessert table had to do.  (Don't you love the cupcakes Leslie made? me too!)
 
 Large jar: "Best Moves" and "Best Look" awards, Medium jar: Musical chairs winner/centerpieces
Baby jar: gifts for all those that came.

Hazel and I got all dressed up.
 
She rocked her poodle skirt...
 And, please...who wouldn't want to show off that bum!
Seth took pictures of the girls with their dates, and t h a n k y o u for the last-minute letterman's jacket save! (I know this picture is blurry, but I love it)
Hazel and I danced all over the dance floor snapping pictures.  (I had to add the "belt" to my dress, when I realized how much felt stretches and I suddenly had a skirt that was two sizes too big!...That's what I get for putting in a zipper instead of an elastic waist.)

The night was fun.  Swing-dance lessons, pictures with Dads, costume contest, musical chairs and rootbeer floats!

So, you may ask again, what had me so stressed?  Well... would anyone show up??
Oh, I was so worried.  The girls are so busy, and there are a lot of other places they could be on a Friday night... Would the girls show up?  Would they have fun?  
They d i d show up!  and I t h i n k they even had a good time!  

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! LOVE the decorations, love yours and Hazels outfits! I wish I could've been there. Thanks for taking a group picture of everyone. Everyone looks ADORABLE!

Jess and Jason said...

I love your skirts! You are amazing!

Likely said...

SOOO CUTE! everything! Way to go. I heard the girls had a blast. Your skirts are darling. What a good turn out!

geri said...

Ladies, I will get to work on your poodle skirts, pronto. Can you imagine if we all showed up to church in them. Ah. Love it.
For the record, I had to refrain from Hazel and I wearing ours the next Sunday...you know, like girls wear their prom dresses...awesome.