May 22, 2010

laura + dan = official

It's official.  Dan is Uncle Dan.  Aunt Laura is a Mrs.

Mom and Dad first met Dan in Hawaii at Uncle Byron and Aunt Ashley's wedding, they have always told me how awesome he is.  I'm pretty sure that Aunt Laura liked him lots, but she really wanted/really felt like she should serve an LDS mission, and off she went.  Uncle Dan is awesome and knew Aunt Laura was totally worth waiting for.  So, after much waiting, anticipation, excitement, BAM!  
They're married!

They got married in the Minneapolis temple (I hung out with some really nice girls during the ceremony).  I can't remember the exact numbers (what do you expect, I can't even talk yet), but I heard that the largest room in that temple for getting married would hold 40-ish people.  They had over seventy!  (And fit them all in!)  Mom said the ceremony was very nice and I know it meant a lot to Daddy to watch his little sister get married, she is very special to him.

When they came out of the temple it was p o u r i n g.  Daddy was the photographer for the day, and he was soaked, we took some pictures, but mostly it was important that Aunt Laura stay somewhat dry. 

After the excitement at the temple, Uncle Byron told us we must stop at this place for a "juicy lucy" as seen on Man vs. Food (I think...or one of those foodnetwork shows).  
It was crazy, lots of hamburger and molten hot cheese! 

We gathered, regrouped and headed to the reception center (nope, no nap for me!)  It was sooo pretty.  I was really excited to be there, although it might be hard to tell in the pictures, I was in my spacy-tired mode.
They had one of the best receptions Mom had ever been to (I decided to ask her opinion, seeing as this was sort of my first).  We ate delicious food, celebrated Aunt Laura and Uncle Dan and danced like crazy.  I really wanted to show off my sweet moves, but I was just.so.tired!  Aunt Joanie had some wild moves, I need her to teach me some!  (Mom has video of her dancing, but I think she might be too lazy to post it- or just holding on to it for blackmail)
 After all of the excitement we sent the cute couple off on their honeymoon.  I think Aunt Laura is awesome, she's a really good example for me, and I am super glad that she married that cool, kid Dan! 

Dad took all of the pictures, and Aunt Laura hasn't seen most of them, so I just figured I'd show off how cute I was!  
(Have I mentioned how much I loved hanging out with my cousin, Lila?  I felt so awesome when she actually said my name!!!)
Mom made our tutus and matching diaper covers, Aunt Ashley made our cute bows and picked out our sweaters.  I think we were so cute!  (Mom will have to post pictures of our cute diaper covers when she finds some)
Miles was looking sharp in his bowtie.
 I was Dad's little helper, I was checking the stats on his light meter.
I really like this picture of Aunt Laura and her men-folk.

5 comments:

karen said...

i think it's really funny that you went to get a "juicy lucy". i just saw that episode of man vs. food. they looked good, if you're into that sort of thing. :) congrats to laura and dan!! hazel, you're a babe!!!

Likely said...

such a beautiful wedding color. Those little outfits are sooooooooooo cute. like straight from crew-cuts or something. love them. HEy, do you make adult size tutus?

geri said...

I'm sure I could whip up an adult tutu...want one? :)

Ashley said...

The tutus are extremely adorable! Love the wedding colors and pics- very cute! I can't believe Hazel is so big!

Diane said...

Cute tutus! I have made the no sew tutus, but these are much more elegant. Are they difficult to make? Super cute!