August 12, 2010

{home ideas}

I have these ideas.

In my head.

Some are crazy. Some are BIG. Some are embarassing. And well, sometimes I have no idea.

So. I had an idea.

I want to share my house.
With you.

I want to hear what you think (I think).

See, this month is our second House Anniversary. Two years. Are you the person that has your house painted, decorated, arranged and perfect within six months of moving in, if not before?

Yeah, not me. It's those darn ideas. I have to let them lazily meander around my head until they settle in and begin to take shape. Me and my idea need to be comfortable with one another.

I am not the kind of person to go out and buy a dining table "that works" - when I can refinish a hand-me-down and wait for a table I l.o.v.e. (And trust me, if I l.o.v.e it, I will splurge- but let's keep said "splurging" to a bare minimum).

So. Some of the rooms in our house are sitting in a state of purgatory. They are waiting for their idea to settle and for me to say, YES. They are stuck with hand-me-down furniture that I don't l.o.v.e, or (gulp) no furniture at all!

My late-night idea was, maybe you would help.

It's okay to ask friends, right? And if you are reading my blog I hope you are a friend, other wise, well...you're creepy. Say Hi, and then we can be "friends".

I want to show rooms in progress, share my ideas, find out if they are awesome or crazy, and maybe you can help me grow new ideas. Sometimes I just need a little reassurance and encouragement. (Imagine a good-game tap over the internet).

Oh, and why must we keep our decorating on the non-ridiculous-splurging side? Because the hubbers turns 30 on our House Anniversary and he's getting a new Nikon.
(I was going to link to the actual camera, but well, let's keep the price a secret!)

5 comments:

karen said...

i love it. all of it. sorry, can't help you with what to put on the shelves. (used all available brain cells on my creative project last night.) i really love your chair. wanna trade?

Anna Crowe said...

This is a great idea. Please keep posting your ideas and your creations. We have totally different styles (see my post about the Nauvoo Chairs), but I would love to give you my two cents when I have the moment. You see, I have lots of creativity pushing out at the seams but not enough time to utilize it all. And honestly, it's not very motivating to do anything in a rental, where you don't know how long you're going to be there.

However, a friend of mine subscribes to this woman's blog who has THE MOST CREATIVE ideas ever for home decor. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Anna Crowe said...

It's this blog: http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com

A friend of mine took one of her old frame idea and implemented her own thing in her apartment. A-dorable.

Natalie said...

Um...just a glimpse of a few years down the road (only if you're kid crazy and pack kids in like they are sardines :) My house was so pretty decorated and I loved it. I loved my cute nursery and Carston's room. Well, along comes two more kids that have to get squeezed in with all their respective belongings, and it equals rooms that no longer look like their original, and me cringing everytime someone walks in and feels the need to utter, "Oh, it's so cute in here." Because I know how far we've deteriorated. Um...is that what rambling is? Sorry. Can you tell I'm ready for a bigger space? I'm I a greedy person to say that? Because even if I don't say it, I think it and mean it :)

Jess and Jason said...

I will have no good ideas, but I would like to look at your house and dream with you.

When we first moved in here we actually had Nichole Klein come over and give us some decorating ideas.