March 28, 2011

36.

36 down, 4 to go.

Four to go???
Overall, 36 weeks have flown by, day to day - not so much.  I know I haven't posted much about this pregnancy (okay, so I've posted one and a half times about it) - but it's been a little crazy. 

The first 20 weeks were spent huddled over the kitchen sink, disposal on, water running, puke flowing and Hazel clinging to my leg (occasionally mimicking me - nice).  Just put that image on repeat 10 times a day, Zofran doesn't touch it, the next unmentionable drug just made it worse and finally the third "remedy" was borderline miracle, and helped with the nausea, a little.

(Yes, 36 weeks - still throwing up, just not quite as often).

Miserable?  Yes.  Worth it?  Totally.

Did I mention the Bishop decided to call me as Primary President around 8 weeks?  I wanted to throw up in his office.

No.  Really.  I looked for a garbage can.
The majority of the second trimester was spent traveling.  Everywhere.  Two trips to Utah, California, North Carolina, family coming to us.

Insanity.

February arrived and things calmed down.

Well, maybe if I'd stop coming up with these "great ideas" for the house.

I don't believe it's "nesting", more just a knowledge of how much I won't be able to do with a newborn, we have been scrambling to finish up some projects around the house.

Big projects.  Little projects. 

Did I mention the headaches?  Oh, curse the headache!  That was about a month ago.  16 days in a row, like clockwork.  I'd wake up in the morning, feel a bit of a tension headache, by 8am I felt like my brain would pop out of my temples, by 10 am I wanted to die and was curled up in the fetal position (on days Hazel would allow it) and by noon I was nothing but a puddle of tears.  Then around 3pm they would disappear, only to repeat exactly the next morning.

No explanation from the doctors.  Rude.

Well, finally the reality of pregnancy is hitting.  A week or two ago I passed my "pre-pregnancy" weight, so I'm officially gaining now.  (I've been gaining for a while, I just lost a bit in the beginning).  My left leg looks like a vein-y, nasty, roadmap and as if I didn't give this baby enough extra flesh to grow in, he has decided to add a few "marks" of his own on my stomach.  I'm pretty sure he has his arms and legs stretched out, taking up as much room as possible, he enjoys poking my hip bone and right side.

It tickles.
My comfort with all the "awesome" body changes?  I can still shave my legs, paint my toes and my feet aren't puffy.  Just don't show up unannounced, I am probably rockin' a midriff shirt as my pants and shirt don't always meet in the middle.

Thanks.

Four weeks: finish baby quilt, set up crib, paint dresser, finish all of the half-finished projects sitting around the house, build shelves, make growth charts, buy itty-bitty diapers, ignore everyone that tells me I'm going to go early with this baby (3 days early = great, 3 weeks early = punch me).  Also, ignore those numb nuts who tell me how they almost didn't make it to the hospital in time (mine is 40 minutes away, although Seth made it there a LOT faster with Hazel).

I'm pretty sure there must be some way I can prep for nursing - attach chip clips at midnight?  (Don't ask).

Ah.  Yes.

Please know that I do actually enjoy being pregnant, and that I will totally enjoy every minute of the next four weeks.

8 comments:

karen said...

liar. you don't enjoy being pregnant. i can say that because i really don't enjoy being pregnant and you have it worse than i do! but the "after" is so worth it. use a washcloth in the shower and rub hard. *wink wink* have you gotten the stocking yet silly girl??? i'm telling you...miracle! you look gorgeous. i think you will go two weeks late, then when you don't go two weeks late you will be really happy that you didn't go two weeks late. love you!!!

Amanda said...

Good luck on all the projects! I still can't believe you have (almost!) 2 little ones! Then I remember, you and Jessie are the same age and she has 3. Yikes!

I love seeing Hazel grow up (even if it is from thousands of miles away!) and can't wait to see pictures of her little brother when he makes his appearance.

leslie said...

chip clips...bwahahahaha...

em said...

All I'm going to say about nursing is that you should talk to Gloria. Best advice I ever got. Seriously. No prep needed. (And I'm going to admit it...I think the girls who prep so harshly are crazy!! Latch issues/inverted nips/other issues aside, just start out with 5 mins on each side. No matter what the nurses say! Work your way up to 10-15 mins, the baby doesn't need more than that! Neither do your nips!!)


Okay, so I said a lot more than talk to Gloria :) I just feel so bad that there's this idea that it's SUPPOSED to be super painful. Makes me sad.

ANYWAY, sorry for the rant instead of some nice witty comment :) Can't wait to see pics of the little guy!!! You look awesome preggers, by the way.

kellie said...

my beautiful sis. I love you. Good luck in the next few weeks. You can do it - you always amaze me.

Lance n Amber said...

Ok. It's been forever since I checked anyone's blogs... congrats! I am so happy for you! And you look adorably amazing!

Diane said...

Wow. I am so sorry that you get so sick! That just sounds absolutely terrible. You look great though! I'm jealous that you look so great at 36 weeks!

Laura and Dan t said...

looking sharp!