We spent Monday taking it easy.
I had a flash-back kind of day.
Every store I went to, I bumped into someone I knew, I LOVE that - it rarely happens in Maryland. (which, p.s. - if you are looking for me in Maryland, check Target first)
We also spent some time with some high school friends, who I haven't seen in YEARS. It was fun to catch up, we'll make sure to do it again!!
Tuesday came, and we decided it was time to be tourists.
My mom, (aka - the amazing Boppa Tang), hooked us up with some serious fun at Thanksgiving Point.
We visited Farm Country
(random fact: my first "real" job was working at the Farm Country - back when it was called the Animal Park, and yes...I can milk a cow)
Once we had talked to all of the animals, had our share of pony rides, AND bumped into another friend, we headed up to the deli for lunch with Boppa Tang.
It was a blast.
And, everyone knows you can't have lunch with Grandma without a little ice cream.
And was that all for the day? Of course not! After lunch, Mom sent us off to the Dinosaur Museum.
We played in the water, dug for fossils, created an 8 legged dinosaur and stared at some creepy bones.
Yes, being a tourist was awesome.
Especially when you get to see things through their eyes.








2 comments:
Where does the name Boppa Tang come from?
Ah, isn't it kind of awful?? A boy in my parents' neighborhood once asked my mom what her full name was, she told him, and he thought she said her name was orangutang. (Her first name is Lorraine - plus our last name...it kind of rhymes...ish). She told my nephew that story and he thought it was hilarious and started calling her Grandma Tang. When Hazel was learning to talk, she would call my mom and dad, Boppa. My mom kind of snatched up the nickname and had a grandkids' camp last year and called it Camp Boppa Tang. The name has stuck. Strange, yes. :)
Post a Comment